For more than 10 years, SAExploration have developed a comprehensive acquisition portfolio exploiting the most advanced Ocean Bottom Node (OBN) technologies that are required for enhanced reservoir identification, delineation, characterization and monitoring, whilst delivering the most sophisticated subsurface data in the geophysical industry today.
SAExploration provides safe, accurate, eco-responsible and seamless full-wavefield geophysical surveying services for all aquatic environments; transition-zone (surf and tidal zones); shallow-water and deep-water. Our commitment to an uncompromising HSE program, offers decades of knowledge and expertise garnered from operating in unique and logistically challenging environments all around the world.
SAExploration excels in the methods and techniques of acquiring 2D, 3D and 4D full-azimuth and full-wavefield geophysical datasets that will meet or exceed your subsurface imaging requirements by extending data bandwidth with improved signal-to-noise performance coupled with the collection of data rich with increased offsets and azimuths through the appropriate design and implementation of these nodal technologies. 4D-Grade data can be acquired with either single or one-component (1C), two-component (2C) or four-component (4C) sensing technology, in water depths from 1 to 3,450 meters.
Gained by OBN system and survey design flexibilities, it is very common for the ultimate OBN survey design be constructed and tuned to address multiple geological and geophysical objectives during the same survey, some of which are;
- New prospect identification, de-risking and mitigate uncertainty with both new and existing targets;
- Better recorded signal through imaging through acoustic shadowing zones (gas, salt, carbonates, etc.) as a result of near-surface and over-burden geologic properties, geo-hazards or shallow elements such as mud volcanos, shallow channels or shallow gas reservoirs, which acoustically mask the targeted deep reservoirs;
- Subsurface velocity definition for full-waveform inversion;
- Better illumination of subsurface fault patterns and fractures through improved spatial data sampling and resolution;
Field (Asset) development and EOR (4D)
- Improved structural imaging and seismic characterization to the reservoir’s depth;
- Well-planning development and well-placement optimization;
- Full data bandwidth with enriched high-frequency and improved low-frequency data content below 8 hertz;
- Better illumination of the reservoir structure, including below salt and/or steep flanks;
- Better understanding of the reservoir compartmentalization and lateral connectivity;
- Identification of undrained hydrocarbon compartments and Gas/Water contacts;
- Improved understanding of the prospect’s geologic properties.